CoronaSafe Network is a Free and Open Source disaster management network built by a multi-disciplinary industry group and government officers in full coordination with the Chief Minister's Office in Kerala. After a successful field trial in the district of Ernakulam, the Government has issued orders for statewide adoption as the disaster management network not just for Corona but for all future disasters.
To support the continuous development, implementation and upgradation of CoronaSafe Network, the Principal Secretary, Higher Education, Government of Kerala has also issued orders for setting up a Center for Advanced Technologies in Disaster Management at Cochin University of Science and Technology.
Before applying, do read the Government Orders for Adopting CoronaSafe disaster management network issued by Chief Secretary and Principal Secretary Higher Education at
Call for Disaster Management Internships
28 Disaster Management Internships are announced for students with leadership, written and verbal communication skills in English and Malayalam to work as District Program Manager (DPM) with CoronaSafe Network.
From each district, a team of two people will be selected and trained in the basics of Disaster Management as well as the use of CoronaSafe Tools to respond to any disaster, in particular, the CoronaVirus Pandemic.
Successful Trainees who meet the required standards will be then placed as District Program Managers (DPM) at their respective districts to oversee the implementation of these tools.
They shall work alongside the DPM’s of Kerala IT Mission who shall be a “buddy” to guide during the internships and play a critical role in network roll out and operationalisation at the district emergency operations center in the District Collectorate.
Key Responsibilities of DPM (CoronaSafe Network)
1. Field Level Coordination for CoronaSafe Network roll out between the District and State Support Center at Kerala State Disaster Management Authority.
2. Coordination for CoronaSafe Network roll out between DPM (Health) and DPM (IT Mission) to operationalise the network in the district by onboarding hospitals and ambulances.
Duration: The initial internship is full time for a period of two months.
All Branches/ All Semesters - Students studying in any college and in any branch/ semester may apply.
- Skills Required :
- Good Verbal Communication Skills in English and Malayalam
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with many people
- Strong sense to take up and execute given responsibility and overcome many challenges which are faced in the field as there is no textbook solution for a pandemic
- Self confidence and cheerful personality
- Above average skills in use of the internet, software applications and smartphone apps are required to learn very fast and contribute by passing field level inputs to software engineers.
Selection Process: From amongst the students who apply, a smaller group will be shortlisted for a telephonic interview. Students who clear the telephonic interview will be selected as Trainees and shall receive online training on how to operate CoronaSafe Network. Over time, the youth will have to play a critical role as they are the most healthy generation who can overcome the virus easily and step forward to protect the elderly parents and grandparents. Preference will be given to students who already have had Covid19 and have generated antibodies and have no fear.
Field Training: Successful trainees will be invited to Kochi for a one day hands on training by field officers of Health and Sub-Collector, Fort Kochi who is responsible for statewide implementation. The intern will be expected to travel within their district for various training and coordination activities along with the DPM of Health or IT to understand field level challenges and find solutions along with the district or state team.
Certificates and Duty Leaves: Certificates for Internships will be provided for students who complete the full internship period by Center for Advanced Technologies in Disaster Management. Duty Leaves shall also be provided for students upon request and support shall be given by the Center to coordinate the duty leave implementation with college authorities.
- This is a paid internship with stipend of.10,000 per month
- The stipend for internships would be paid by Saturn Global Foundation, a recipient of the ACT Grants https://actgrants.in/ for which personal bank accounts shall be submitted to the foundation for receiving the monthly stipend.
- Key Dates:
- The internship start date is immediate upon selection. Due exceptions shall be given for examination dates.
- Last date for application July 3rd 2020, 6.00PM
Apply Online at https://volunteer.coronasafe.network/dpm-coronasafe
This is a call for Volunteers who have already defeated Corona. CoronaSafe Network is a group of multi-disciplinary teams of volunteers working along with the Government of Kerala.
Our goal is to create a community of volunteers who have already recovered from the coronavirus and have built immunity against it. These volunteers will be frontline workers in the healthcare network at block and panchayat levels across Kerala to assist our clinical team.
Such volunteers will be valued for their effort as well as for spreading the positive message that the virus can easily be defeated by our body's immunity systems, with or without external medical aid.
Criteria: People who are Corona cured /discharged from the hospital and completed 14 days of isolation after discharge (Age: between 18 - 50)
We will train you to:
- Manage Corona Community Centers
- Operate Corona Testing Centers
- Do home visits with Field Clinical Team
State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) invites applications for Virtual Reality developers volunteers.
About the task:
1. Work on a VR application to be used by state officials to monitor the Coronavirus outbreak.
2. Work on Unity (Other Gaming Engine) / Blender (Other 3D Modelling tools) to build a VR application (preferably for Oculus Go and Quest device).
3. Work with the backend team to ensure you have all the necessary information to work on the application.
4. The idea is to have the quick MVP out in a couple of days and take it from there.
1. Have the courage and genuine curiosity to work on Virtual Reality and be part of select like-minded individuals.
2. Want to play a role by helping with what you can do in this worldwide pandemic of Coronavirus outbreak.
3. Want to work on a real life-real time Virtual Reality project.
4. Have previously worked on VR project(s) and are a proficient VR developer.
5. You should understand using Rest APIs.
There is a lot of elderly population in Kerala who live alone and would need help in procuring essential goods and medicines for their daily use during this time of epidemic as they are comparatively more prone to the virus attack when exposed. Please apply below if you are interested to volunteer to take up their order from a call centre, one each in a city and deliver them what they need.
State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) invites application for Data Science volunteers with expertise in below-mentioned areas:
What you will do:
1. Mathematical modelling of the epidemic curve for COVID-19 outbreak
2. Data Analysis, Capacity Planning
3. Bayesian Statistics
4. Previously worked on "what if" analysis
5. Clustering and segmentation
6. Proficiency in R/Python and Pandas/SQL
7. Data Wrangling: Should be able to clean data and parse data from documents
You will enjoy this position if you
1. Have the courage and genuine curiosity to learn new modelling techniques and be part of a select
2. Want to play detective finding clues from data
3. Want to work on a reallife-realtime data science project
4. Enjoy summarising your findings with actionable insights
We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities.
Data Sanitisation for State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) has extensive data-sets on Patient Data, Hospital Data, Foreign Travel data of people who have visited Kerala and such data sets. The SDMA urgently requires volunteers who can support in sanitising the data available in Excel files or PDF’s to be stored into a single master database. This master database can then be given to Data Scientists who can help SDMA in Resource and Capacity Planning. The skills required for this volunteering job are proficiency in Microsoft Excel. The Volunteer should have a laptop with internet connection. As the information is of sensitive nature, the volunteer has to work out of the SDMA Head Quarters in Trivandrum. (sdma.kerala.gov.in) Please apply below if you are interested.
The state of kerala has taken effective steps against the COVID- 19 pandemic. The efforts to break the transmission chain of the virus is possible with support of the community . The Department of Health and Family welfare calls out for participation of the health practitioners to join hands with the state in the fight against COVID-19 . You may enroll using the link provided below for offering voluntary service at the Isolation facilities in hospitals/ homes, patient management in wards, screening at airports, seaports, railway stations and bus stations. Interested health practitioners may fill up the details in this form and submit. The Department of health and family welfare, kerala shall contact you soon.
1. CoronaSafe Network is a an open-source public utility designed by a multi-disciplinary team of volunteers along with the Government of Kerala
2. The goal is to create a volunteer run defence network to protect the healthcare system of a state or nation against the corona virus attack.
3. There are currently more than 20 applications that are running live which are designed to give the Chief Minister’s office and general public live information about Hospital Bed Capacity Utilisation, Corona Care Canters Capacity Utilisation, Inventory Management, Volunteer Management, Patient Management, Food Management, Ambulance Network and other features.
4. We are extremely short on software engineering talent and require immediate and urgent reinforcements from the software engineering community to setup the full network and put in on trial run by March 28th, 2020.
|No||District||Total people under observation||People under Home Isolation||people Hospitalised||Total people Hospitalised Today|
|District||Corona Positive||Cured / Discharged||Deaths|